According to a statement issued by Bahrain’s Interior Ministry, authorities have arrested four members of a cell linked in the November 10 bomb attack on an oil pipeline. The ministry revealed that two of the accused have ties to Iran.
The said explosion took place last year in November causing a fire at Bahrain’s main pipeline near Buri village, 15 km (10 miles) from the capital Manama. Authorities were forced to evacuate residents.
While two of the people had received military training in Iran, authorities are still after three others “involved in the financing, planning, and implementation” behind the attack.
However Iran has denied any involvement in the matter. Commenting on Bahrain’s allegations of its involvement, Iran ahs earlier said that accusations by Bahrain are “baseless and fabricated.”
The Interior Ministry said, “Immediately after their return from Iran, they planned and got ready to blast the oil pipeline …in addition to committing a series of other terrorist acts. They checked out the location and remotely bombed the pipeline.”
more recommended stories
Google launches new Arabic feature for Gulf job-seekers
Google has announced the launch of.
MidEast carriers see sharp fall in July passenger demand growth
Passenger demand growth registered by Middle.
Arab world must accelerate reforms, says World Economic Forum
The Arab world must accelerate progress.
UAE mobile phone sales market slumps in Q2
The GCC mobile phone market experienced.