Tech Crunch’s roundup is the Daily Crunch of our biggest and most supreme stories. every day at around 9am Pacific you can subscribe here If you’d like to get this delivered to your inbox, .
1. FTC ruling fined $5.7M to sees Musically (TikTok) for breach children’s privacy law, app updated with age gate
yesterday released In an app update, all users will be needed to verify their age, and the under 13-year-olds will then be directed to a unconnected, in-app experience more inadequate that protects their personal information and block them from publishing videos on TikTok .
And if you’re confused about Musically Tik-Tok versus: when it was known as Musically the Federal Trade Commission had begun looking into TikTok back , and the decision itself is a settlement with Musically.
2. in real life Over the course of the past five years, How Disney built Star Wars, Walt Disney Imagineering has been hard making the world of Star Wars a reality on Earth. With plenty of tantalizing images Matthew Panzarino has all the details.
3. with launch of ‘Amazon Day’Amazon Prime members can choose a weekly delivery date.
The boxes will then arrive together on the selected Amazon Day, in fewer boxes,The option lets shoppers pick a day of the week to take delivery of their recent orders.
4. It also partners with school districts to support their transportation needs Zūm, for kids a ride sharing service, raises $40-M Zūm is a mobile app that enables parents to schedule rides for their kids from fully vetted drivers.
5. Dow Jones’ watch list of 2.4 million high-risk individuals The data has been leaked since secured, is the financial giant’s Watch list database, which companies use as part of their risk and compliance efforts.
6. Soft Bank’s Vision Fund invests $1.5B in Chinese second-hand car startup Chehaoduo
The Beijing-based company used vehicles operates two main sites — peer-to-peer online marketplace Guazi , and Maodou, which retails new sedans financial leasing and through direct sales.
7. per month from piracy Netflix may be losing $192M , cord cutting study claims.
according to a new study from Cord Cutting.com. Of these, Netflix tends to be pirated for the longest period As many as one in five people today are mooching off of someone else’s account when streaming video from Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Video.
more recommended stories
According to Crunch-base, managed by Q raised $ 128.25 million in total
Managed by Q launched as an.
With increasing price of $ 16 million “Send-Bird” has given a developers tools to quickly roll out chat functionality
If you go to any company’s.
Vangst simply raised $10 million to connect more individuals to the quickly developing cannabis industry – TechCrunch
Individuals are progressively keen on figuring.
Uber Rewards is revealing; here’s the manner by which the advantages work – TechCrunch
Did you blow enough cash on.