The number of mobile phone subscriptions in the UAE rose to approximately 20 million users by the by the end of April 2018, up from 19.8 million at the end of 2017, according to newly released statistics from the UAE’s Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA).
According to the TRA, the growth has been driven by an increase in pre-paid subscribers, who totalled approximately 16.7 million at the end of the first four months of the year, up from 16.54 million in 2017.
Additionally, post-paid subscriptions reached 3.29 million at the end of April.
The TRA statistics also show that mobile services account for more than 80 percent of the revenue of the country’s two main service providers, with the remaining 20 percent coming from services such as data, Internet and fixed telephone services.
Fixed line subscriptions, however, fell to 2.29 million at the end of April, a 30,000 decrease from the same time period in 2017.
Similarly, internet subscribers fell to 1.32 million at the end of April, compared to 1.34 million in 2017.
more recommended stories
ABBC Foundation has agreed to stop using trademarks that include the term ‘Alibaba’
ABBC Foundation has consented to quit.
Most banks have trimmed lending rates by a ‘token’ 10 basis points
Indian moneylenders haven’t completely passed on.
Saudi Arabia will supply its clients with significantly less oil than they requested in April
Saudi Arabia will supply its customers.
Developer Arada is introducing a new investment opportunity after announcing the launch of Nest
Designer Arada is presenting another venture.