Shell Overseas Holdings Limited has announced the completion of the sale of Shell Exploration and Production Oman Limited (SEPOL) to IOCL Singapore PTE Ltd (ISPL), a subsidiary of Indian Oil Corporation Limited for $329 million.
The acquisition of SEPOL, which which holds a 17 percent participating interest in the Mukhaizna Production Sharing Agreement in Oman, includes the marketing rights for entitlement oil.
Indian Oil’s stake in Mukhaizna will be 17 percent, with the remaining 83 percent owned by Occidental Mukhaizna (45 percent), Oman Oil Company (20 percent), Liwa Energy Limited (15 percent), Total E & P Oman (2 percent) and Partex (Oman) Corporation (1 percent).
Shell Oman country chair, Chris Breeze, said: “We are pleased to assist the entry of Indian Oil, an integrated energy company with activities in oil, gas, petrochemicals and one of India’s largest companies, into the upstream sector in Oman.
“Shell remains fully committed to Oman’s energy future and is actively seeking to make further investments in the country.”
He added: “Shell’s decision to divest continues to be driven by our strategy to sell non-core assets or companies to re-shape Shell into a simpler, more resilient and focused company. This sale takes Shell a step closer to its divestment target of $30 billion.”
more recommended stories
Oman: OPWP signs $155 million worth deals signed with ACWA Salalah Independent Water Project
Oman Power and Water Procurement Company.
24 Shiites sentenced to prison, nationality cancelled for forming “terrorist group” in Bahrain
24 Shiite citizens were recently served.
Investcorp Chairman says even if half of Crown Prince’s plans materialise, Saudi will be “fantastically changed’ for the better
In a recent interview, Mohammed bin.
Kuwait to receive $90 million as war reparations from Iraq
Kuwait was recently approved $90 million.
US company to create products based on customer’s DNA – Healthcare,Technology,GCC,Americas
US-based Targeted DNA has announced revolutionary.
The United Arab Emirates is seeing a new period of slow and steady economic growth
Development in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
Mumzworld announces revised ‘return to work’ programme to provide flexible opportunities for working mothers
Middle East’s first of its kind.
The higher oil prices and easing anxieties after US-led strikes on Syria assisted fuel confidence
The Saudi stock market rushed Monday.
Saudi Holds its First-Ever Fashion Week
In the lobby of Riyadh’s.
More than 4,000 Emiratis including 34% female applicants apply for the UAE astronaut programme
Within three months of announcing the.